Remai Modern presents and collects local and international modern and contemporary art that connects, inspires, and challenges diverse audiences through equitable and accessible programs.
To be a welcoming and inclusive public gathering place where we recognize the past, engage with the present, and envision new futures together through art.
Remai Modern is:
- Defined by artists, and supports their work and vision to the fullest extent.
- Committed to interrogating the idea of “modern” from multiple cultural, historical and contemporary positions.
- Respectful of Canada’s Indigenous communities and aims to be a leading centre for contemporary Indigenous art and discourse.
- A leader in developing new models for sharing knowledge and engaging diverse communities.
- A platform for rethinking the role of the 21st-century art museum.
- A museum that invites everyone to actively participate in the artistic process.
Remai Modern is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of Métis. We pay our respects to First Nations and Métis ancestors and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
Remai Modern programming is made possible through generous support from the Frank & Ellen Remai Foundation, the City of Saskatoon, the Canada Council for the Arts, the Saskatchewan Arts Board and SaskCulture through Sask Lotteries.